Gen Courter and I need your help.
She has a vision of a strong and dynamic Cadet Alumni Association to reach out to the roughly one million former CAP cadets floating around this country of ours and allow them to reconnect.
Similar to a academic alumni association, a CAP Cadet Alumni Association would allow former cadets to keep in touch with each other, and perhaps serve cadet programs as a development and force structuring tool.
We are hoping to find a volunteer with experience in cadet programs and also has a stong business skillset to help create a structure and business plan for our alumni association.
Please take a look at the position description, and consider applying if you can help us out. Note that this is an IAOD-type position, and you will need the permission of your CAP boss to participate.
Position Description for Cadet Alumni Association Special Project Officer
Background: Approximately one million former CAP cadets live and work in the United States, representing an untapped resource with enormous potential. Gen Courter’s vision includes a vibrant, active Cadet Alumni Association that would allow former cadets to reconnect with each other and CAP, while serving as a potential development and force structuring resource to help support current and future cadet programs operations. A Cadet Alumni Association Special Project Officer will bring the necessary expertise to develop the framework and business plan for a vital and successful Cadet Alumni Association.
Position Description: Reporting directly to the National Cadet Advisor, the Alumni Association Special Project Officer’s primary responsibility is to develop a framework and business plan for a CAP Cadet Alumni Association that meets the following criteria:
1. Allow CP Alumni to re-engage with CAP and their former colleagues through websites, electronic and printed media, periodic alumni reunions, sub-affiliation groups, etc.
2. Serve as a significant revenue stream to support current CP operations through tools such as paid memberships, planned giving opportunities, periodic direct appeals and the establishment of a CP endowment fund.
3. Serve as a CP force structuring resource by identifying CP alumni with time and resources to return to active CAP membership supporting CP.
This is a volunteer position designed to be performed by a current senior member in addition to their regular duties at their home unit.
1. Senior or Master rating in CP
2. Documented business management experience including creation of business plans and expertise in financial management in a nonprofit arena.
3. Experience with academic or youth group alumni associations highly desirable
4. Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
5. Ability to coordinate complex projects and proposals with other volunteers and paid staffers.
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to the National Cadet Advisor, Lt Col Ned Lee. Email preferred: email@example.com . Applications should arrive by February 15, 2010.
Questions can be directed to Lt Col Lee at the email above, or phone (408) 832-0917 (Pacific time).
National Cadet Advisor